design

Monday 1 June 2009

Two Hydrangea and a Lovely Message

I seem to be on a roll lately and the cards are coming thick and fast. This is today's effort and I have to say that I am quite happy with it.



To make it:
Coloured the hydrangea stamps with the Art and Graphic Pens from Kuretake and stamp it twice, colouring up between stamping. Use the H2O water brush to move the paint a little and added some extra colour where the shadows should be.
Cut the images out and then get on with the rest of the card.
Cut a base card 10.5cm x 28cm. Score this at the 14cm point to make a card 10.5cm x 14cm when folded.
I cut a piece of pink card and scored it and then cut it to fit over the join in the base card.
I stamped the message, which is from the Inspirational sayings plate, on a piece of card and cut it out to leavea a small border. I mounted this on to a piece of pink card. This was then stuck to the base card.
I stuck the hydrangea images slightly overlapping on to the card with a mixture of adhesive and foam pade. The adhesive was for the bottom hydrangea and the foam pads for the upper image.
I decorated the lower part of the card with a broken line of green. One of the greens that I had used on the stamp.

1 comment: