design

Thursday 21 June 2012

Bags of Fun

I've decided to go back to my recent obsession of sewing and I've decorated another bag. I wanted something quick and simple that would also be effective and have everyone asking. 'Where did you buy that bag?'
I hope that this fits the bill on all counts.
To make the bag, get the Summer bag kit from Craft Fairy.

Simply take:
1 jute bag, this one measures   Jute bag size 250x100x280mm
I piece of 6mm apple green ribbon
1 piece of flower ribbon 23mm wide
Some buttons from the summer flower pack
needle and green thread.

First make your flowers
Cut three lengths of ribbon in varying lengths and sew to front of bag. I used a couching stitch
Sew your ribbon flowers to the top of each length of ribbon.
Sew a button to the center of each ribbon flower and swing your bag. as it is now ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment